- I am currently "locked in" to a training plan and hate to abandon (cut short) my set mileage for any reason.
- The new plan has 2X the speedwork days than my last training cycle (and an extra day a week). It's taking some getting used to...
- I have planned to race a short race Thursday and have an 18 mile LR Saturday. So, I can't afford to push my miles to later in the week.
- Running 2Xday, with 4 hours minimum recovery time, is supposed to be a good way to get the miles in with less risk of injury.
So, for maybe the first time in a year, I bagged the run half-way into it. The first 5 miles of my day was completed in a sluggish 48:59 (ugh).
Five hours later....After church, snacks and a little sit down time, I thought I'd give it another shot. Most days of the week I don't have the opportunity to run twice (due to child care), But I had my chance and took it!
At 2 PM it was at least 20 degrees warmer and felt like it! But I felt pretty good and finished the same circuit in a much better "easy" pace, in 44:49.
So, now I am thinking, maybe I can get used to this!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment! I love hearing from you!!! ♥