Two weeks until everything will be REAL.
Real?
Yes.
Like the Velveteen Rabbit became real or Christmas Morning to a child.
In two weeks I can get up (like every red-blooded first-time Boston qualifier in America) at 4:45 PST and wait at the computer to (try and) register for the big race. It seems so strange that I might actually even go there and race- almost as strange as qualifying.
Looking back, I really had very little confidence about it. The only thing guiding me was the 10K time I started with right before training and my SmartCoach plan that got a little faster every few weeks. That, and some very encouraging words I got from a few others I had shared my secret hope with (one a runner, one not). Even on race day I had three plans: what I had trained for, what I needed to BQ and a worst case scenario.
This week I had planned to be in a taper week for Portland. It didn’t work out that way. God had other plans for me and our money. I will enjoy watching how others do in that race though, and I will get my turn soon.
So, now I wait for it all to be "real", to be really training for another marathon, to be officially registered and committed. I am not sure how it will really feel. I hope I feel less guilty about taking the money from the family budget after committing than I do now.
On a different note, I had an uneventful run today. Nice and normal. Slow and easy :) . Pretty cold, too- my first run in tights since last spring!
I really hope you get in! What an opportunity for you and your family. Your kids will brag for years about how their mom ran Boston!
ReplyDeleteI have faith that you will get in, and you will do exceptionally well.
ReplyDeleteI bought a new pair of tights, and am now waiting for Fall. It was finally below 50 this morning, but alas I didn't run, as I was not feeling 100% and with half the girls fighting strep my sore throat made me think I should stay in bed for that extra hour of sleep.
Faith. It conquers all.
ReplyDelete+1 C2Iowa. SO excited for you. =)
ReplyDelete