Tree decorating has gone minimalist!
The Barefoot method is supposed to enhance the experience, feel more natural, and lend to faster decorating as well. I am skeptical, but others in my household are giving it a shot- over and over again.
I am pretty sure it is only a trend. Many of those who attempt this new style will try to decorate too much, too quickly, and will end up injured.
The big question is: Will the novelty wear off?
I have been considering minimalism, but you can be sure any attempt by me will also include THIS or THIS and probably THIS!
* I couldn't resist posting these photos after seeing THIS a while back - our kids are the same age, after all!
***
Yesterday I was EXCITED to receive a gift package from Secret Santa Karen! (Arranged through Jill's Bog gift exchange).
Inside were all SORTS of goodies: tea, honey stingers (I have never tried these in training, and had to eat one on the way home from the post office. They are tasty :) ), an assortment of GU gels, 2 bars, a flashing light AND an itunes gift card. Holy moly, that was GENEROUS. Thank you, Karen! I am also enjoying your witty blog now :)
I mailed my package off to my secret person a few days ago, paid for priority, and HOPE it gets there in time. Come on USPS...don't fail me now!!!
***
Training stuff
There isn't a whole lot to report right now. I am still just working on increasing my volume and letting my body absorb that increase before I start adding in more intensity, (i.e. speed work).
These V are definitely making the job more enjoyable! My FAVORITE (neutral gait) trainers.
I haven't done any shouts out in awhile, but if you are looking for a interesting read check out THIS race report by a blogger who experienced her first ultra (ever) 16 weeks pregnant (with doctor's permission).
Fantastic awkward Christmas photos to pull out when they start dating :p
ReplyDeleteHooray for secret santas!!!!!! Honey stinger waffles, YUM!
Ha ha! Love the pictures. So cute and funny.
ReplyDelete❀Barbara❀
My Running Shortz
Great pics. Thanks also for sharing Karen's blog...
ReplyDeleteGlad I found you blog, and thanks for the comment on my blog. :) I love the Ghosts, too. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! I love how serious of a decorator he is!
ReplyDeleteYAY for all your fun treats from your blog buddy!! I think I may need to pick Karen as my giver next year ;).
ReplyDeleteI used to wear the Ghosts pre-injury but have to go more low heel-drop with my foot and Achilles so am going to try the new Pure Flow - I hope they work as great at the Ghosts did! You will love them.
Love the minimalist decorating - hahah. Reminds me of when my son used to go outside to pee after a camping trip...he was standing naked at our blue spruce tree in the front yard (like your xmas tree) ... the neighbor called to tell me. Oy.
Merry Christmas!!
Ah! I should edit my post...I have been running in the Ghosts 4's since august, but the Ghost 3's were the shoe before that, after getting re-analyzed. I will enjoy working down to the pure flows, once a week maybe.
ReplyDeleteOh, my son would fit right in! I am all for minimalist decorating. Someday he will not get away with that, today is not that day:) I hope he did not decide that the tree needed to be watered though.
ReplyDeleteBahaha! That is hilarious AM. NO watering. Thank goodness! He is a BIG BOY.
ReplyDeleteSo cute and funny!
ReplyDeletehah, the "minimalist" decorating is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteha ha! So funny. And loving your Brooks pick outs. I have not even looked at their site yet for shopping. Excited to see what they have. What??? Laurie is prego???? Must go check this out!!
ReplyDeleteLove the tree decorating pictures. I don't think my wife would appreciate it if I took the minimalist approach :-).
ReplyDeleteNice haul from secret Santa. This is my first year doing Jill's secret Santa and had a lot of fun.
Merry Christmas!
Ha ha Raina! You're so clever:) This minimalist spin had me laughing! Love the pics. I really like the Infinity tights!!
ReplyDeleteI got my Secret Santa gift sent out priority on Monday. It better get there! Great haul you got there!
Have a great day girl:)
Hmm, our tree is visible from the street - no minimalist decorating without my "neighborhood watch" neighbor calling the cops!! LOL, save those pics for his first prom date!!
ReplyDeleteHello Raina and thank you so much! I couldn't bring up your email, but want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Your Secret Santa gift did arrive today and while I played with the idea of waiting I couldn't. The flashing lights are awesome (I really needed them!) and the earrings beautiful! I've never tried the Power Protein Bites so I'm really excited to try them! I will look forward to following your blog and finding out more about you. Thanks again for your great gifts!
ReplyDeletewhat a fun box! karen was a great secret santa :) LOL at the the little gingerbread man. go minimalism! haha
ReplyDeleteHaha, what cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteHe is a clever decorator: cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou received a very nice package. Jill made a very good job with this "blog gift exchange".
Looks like good times at Xmas!
ReplyDeletelol on the tree decorator.
About the Brooks Ghost, I remember I tried that shoe on back when I was trying to buy new running shoes, but it just felt a little too soft for my taste.
Funny, I think I got some pictures of the cheerleading coach for Oregon, I could post 1 next post if you are interested, haha
You are so funny! I wish my mom would have censored my young child nudie shots!
ReplyDelete